GroupsTake The Journey
Being a disciple is a Christ-centered, Holy Spirit-empowered, life-long process of growing in God.
Take the journey with us. Find your place within the Westmore Family.
Focus Groups: Weekly on Sunday
Discover meaningful relationships in smaller groups. With a wide variety of options, you’ll find a space for deeper spiritual growth during these intentional and discipleship-oriented groups. Focus groups meet on a continuous basis throughout the year. We invite you to join these timeless groups and find what it means to be a part of the Westmore Family.
LifeGroups: Gathering Through the Week
LifeGroups focus on what you love and propel you into a better life. Do you enjoy the outdoors? There’s a LifeGroup for that. How about sports? We’ve got you covered. Find yourself to be more of an artist? You are going to find people that do life just like you, here! Or maybe you just want to understand the Bible better… There are groups that you can get involved in. Find individuals who share your interests and invest in yourself by discovering community through LifeGroups! Groups rotate every 8-12 weeks. We invite you beyond Sundays to LifeGroups, finding your passions in God’s plan.
Prayer Groups & Events
Prayer is foundational to our faith and our church family. Jesus said that His house is to be called “a house of prayer” (Matthew 21:12a, a quotation of Isaiah 56:7). Westmore has a variety of prayer opportunities to get involved in from praying for the needs to praying for our Nation and the world.
Westmore Prayer Groups
- ASK Network – Join a prayer gathering on the second, third, and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 4:00 pm to pray for the nations and for God to use us in doing what He calls us to do. This group is currently praying via Conference Call. To participate, dial 515-604-9094, and enter access code 136566684#.
- Men’s Morning Prayer – Westmore men gather to pray at 6:00 a.m. every Wednesday and enjoy breakfast together afterward. The group is led by Greg Johnson and meets on Wednesdays at 6:00 am, in the Fireside Room.
- Missions Prayer Movement – Led by Janice McClung and Randall Bailey, prayer warriors meet weekly to pray for the nations and for the Gospel to go forth to the ends of the earth every Wednesday at 6:30 pm, Room 119. Join this LifeGroup today.
- Prayer Chain – Westmore members committed to praying together 15 minutes per day for families and the needs in the church. For more information about this particular prayer initiative or if you have a prayer need, contact email@example.com.
- Building Generations Prayer ( B4TG) – “Building Generations” inter-generational prayer group, which is focused specifically on praying for the vision of Westmore, the Westmore families and needs, for the Great Awakening, for the Global Church and for our Nation. Lead by Pastor Vera Voznyuk, this drop-in style prayer group meets on Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Prayer Room. Zoom link available upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Eleventh Hour Prayer – This group is focusing on praying the names and nature of God over circumstances, praying for revival, for our Church and the needs at hand. Randle & Hope Weeks are heading up this group, which meets at 11:00 a.m. on Saturdays in the Overview Room Zoom link available upon request. Contact email@example.com.
- David’s Heart – Led by Rickie Moore, faithful men gather to pray for the move of God and then have breakfast together prior to the Sunday morning service. Sundays at 7:00 am at City Café Restaurant, 25th Street.
- Sunday Early Prayer – This prayer opportunity is crafted for all who have a passion to pray for the Westmore worship service, our Lead Pastor, for the Lord to move in our gatherings, and for all aspects of the Westmore ministries. These prayer warriors meet in Room 119 on the 1st floor at 9:00 am every Sunday; the group then transitions into the 10:00 am main worship service.
- 24-Hour Prayer Initiative – This prayer initiative is part of the city-wide efforts to pray for our churches, community, school, revival in our city, and more. Westmore is committed to pray for 24 hours on the second day of each month. To sign up for the prayer schedule, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westmore Prayer Events and Community Involvement
- Called Prayer Meetings
The focus of these prayer meetings changes according to specific burdens of the church, community and/or Nation.
- Vision and Prayer Breakfast
Westmore prayer partners, decision-making Leadership Teams, and Westmore Pastoral Staff gather annually for a time of intentional corporate prayer, fellowship and vision casting over breakfast.
- Annual School Prayer
A concert prayer of the entire church for students, educators, and school administrators is offered on a Sunday morning at the beginning of each new school year.
- Seek God for the City
This is a forty-day prayer emphasis before Easter, usually following a specifically designed prayer guide, and sometimes accompanied by a prayer walk. Prayer guides are available through the Discipleship Office.
- National Day of Prayer
Set in order by the President of the United States, Christians gather around the Nation to pray for our country. Westmore takes part in a local prayer effort, held every first Thursday in May.
- Cleveland NET
This inter-denominational group of intercessors, including those from Westmore, gather in different churches every Friday at noon to pray for that specific church, our community, and Nation.
- See You at the Pole
It is the largest Christian student prayer movement in America. Students gather one morning every year in mid-September at their school flagpole to pray for their schools and their generation.
- Fields of Faith
Hosted by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, this prayer event is a large gathering of students and parents (usually in September), praying for families, schools, coaches, teachers, and the community.
College students from Westmore participate in this prayer group at Lee University and focus on praying for the students, college/university campuses and revival.
For more information on prayer groups and initiatives, contact Pastor Vera Voznyuk at email@example.com.