Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
The Legacy 55+ Active Adults group is an energetic group of Boomers (55-69) and Builders (70- ) directed by Pastor Phillip W. Looney, Minister of Intergenerations. Plans for this ministry are as diverse as the ages themselves.
There certainly are differences between the 55-year-old who is still working, currently has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80-year-old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these active adult groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
- Table Games & Refreshments – Overview Room | Tuesdays at 9:30 am – 12 noon
- Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train.
- Men’s Panera Bread Fellowship – Panera Bread (Paul Huff Blvd.) | Thursdays, 9:30 am
- Keenagers’ Monthly Tuesday Fellowship & Meal – Commons | 6:00 PM
- Bring a covered dish of food and we’ll supply the meat, bread, and drinks. We usually have a guest speaker.
- Cumberland Co Playhouse Trips twice a year! ONLY $50!!
- We depart at 10:30 am, eat a delicious lunch, and then proceed to the 2:30 pm Show. We return to Cleveland by 7:30 pm. Your cost includes the show, a delicious lunch, and transportation.
- Ice Cream Social, 6:00 pm
- More info to follow.
- Mercier Orchards Day Day Trip
- Depart at 8:00 am and return at 5:00 pm
- Pigeon Forge Fall Trip
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud, Tanger Outlets, etc. We’ll leave Friday afternoon and return Saturday early evening.
- Volunteer to minister at Legacy Village, Garden Plaza, and Morningside communities!
- Contact Pastor Looney if you would like to.
- Stay in Contact!
- Facebook 55+ page, Church Website, and Legacy 55+ Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep our active adults informed of all the latest events.