What Is The Community Bible Experience?
Starting on January 9, 2023, Westmore will begin the Community Bible Experience. The Community Bible Experience is a different way to read the Bible: less like a reference book, more like a story.
CBE is a lot simpler than most Bible studies or church-wide campaigns. It consists of a few basic ingredients—a Bible, a 40 day reading plan, and five discussion questions:
- What’s something you noticed for the first time?
- What questions did you have?
- Was there anything that bothered you?
- What did you learn about loving God?
- What did you learn about loving others?
Join a Sunday evening F.O.C.U.S. group to be a part of the small group discussions of each week’s reading. Click here for all available F.O.C.U.S. groups.
40 Day New Testament Reading Plan
Romans, Colossians, Ephesians, Philemon, Philippians, 1-2 Timothy, Titus
Hebrews, James, Mark
1-2 Peter, Jude, John
1-3 John, Revelation
Please utilize this wonderful resource as you read through each book of the New Testament. These short, animated videos will help you understand each book of the New Testament and connect how the entire Bible tells one epic story—from Genesis to Revelation—that points to Jesus. For example, for your first day of reading, look up “Luke-Acts Overview.” You can view the weekly overview videos prior to reading the assigned text, or you can take it even further and watch daily clips to help you understand it better.
If you would like to follow the CBE reading plan on the Bible App, follow these simple instructions:
- Download the Bible App from your smart device’s app store.
- Click “Plans” at the bottom of the screen within the Bible App.
- Look up “Community Bible Experience: NT.”
- Choose Day 1, beginning with “Luke-Acts 1.”
- Check in daily for your reading schedule until the reading program is complete.
If you would like to purchase the NIV version of the New Testament book that reads like a story, specifically designed for the Community Bible Experience, without chapters and verses, please use the following resources (children’s version is also available).
Audio Bible is available through many online resources. Here’s one of them, for your convenience.