Our Values (Who We Are)
The Westmore Family strongly believes that “we are” disciples of Jesus Christ. A disciple is simply a follower of Christ who does the following: Go, Grow, Gather, and Give. So as disciples of Christ…
The Westmore Family is…
GOING • GROWING • GATHERING • GIVING
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19, NKJV
The Westmore Family is committed to embracing our Holy Assignment to Go into all the world, “from across the street to across the sea”. This is The Great Commission our Lord assigned to us.
The wonderful news is that while we “go” and accept our assignment, we have a promise that we are not alone, and that there is divine assistance given to us from God Himself.
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 1:8 NKJV
- Community outreach is deeply valued at Westmore through our volunteers and financial support of The Caring Place (food and clothing), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Foundation House (Housing and assistance for mothers in crisis), Anchor Point (Restoring the Imprisoned), school partnerships, the Juvenile Department, U-Turn Institute and others.
- Regional and USA outreach is equally valued through our volunteers and financial support of Church Planting Projects (Las Vegas NV, Madisonville KY), the Home For Children (Orphanage in Sevierville, TN), Mission State Support (pastoral, music and staff training through coaching, shadowing, conferences) and others.
- International outreach is passionately valued by the Westmore family and is supported by volunteers and finances through major efforts in Cuba, Nepal, India, nation in the 10/40 window, and many other countries. Medical missions, orphanages, leadership training, special projects, conferences, and many other forms of outreach enhance Westmore’s efforts to influence the globe and introduce Jesus Christ as the Ultimate Solution to world issues.
“…make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19, NKJV
To be a disciple of Christ is to make a lifetime commitment to “grow up” in Christ.
The Westmore family offers growing opportunities for everyone regardless of where one is at in their lifetime journey with Christ.
- FOCUS Groups are Sunday evening gatherings where one can find opportunities to grow in Christ through relationships, community, and Bible study. Nursery, children, middle school students, high school students, young adults, young marrieds, and all adults can find opportunity to grow within the Westmore Family.
- LEADS Groups during the mid-week offer eight or sixteen week opportunities for one to grow through equipping, training and development. LEADS is an acronym for Leadership, Evangelism, Abundant Living, Discipleship and Service. Each one of these headings offer series of groups and classes designed to help one grow in every facet of life.
- U-Turn Institute provides an opportunity for individuals to not only tell their own story for the purpose of helping others but, also for the purpose of personal growth. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony…” Revelation 12:11, NKJV
- Higher Ground Leadership is an opportunity on Tuesday evenings for selected leaders to have an opportunity to grow in their personal leadership skills in order to have a higher level of influence in their community.
- Prayer Groups are offered various times of the week to encourage spiritual growth and intimacy with our Lord.
“…not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25, NKJV
While ministering on this earth Jesus spent time modeling to us the importance of gathering. Like our Lord, the Westmore Family is committed to gathering on four levels. First, Jesus paid attention to “the multitude.” It is what Westmore refers to as it’s CELEBRATION (Sunday morning worship experience). Our large gatherings bring the necessary influence and resources to accomplish our vision both locally and around the world. Secondly, He paid attention to the seventy and one hundred and twenty. It’s in this level that people are able to COVENANT by getting to know one another. Thirdly, Jesus paid attention to the twelve. This is where the deeper level of CARE is experienced. Finally, Jesus had CORE relational gatherings with the two or three. Jesus had core relationships with Peter, James and John. This is the level that naturally promotes confession, accountability and a safe place.
The Westmore Family encourages disciples of Christ to consider the value of all four of these gatherings in order to promote personal growth for individuals and families.
- Celebration has always been a unique part of a Sunday morning worship experience when we gather in our Sanctuary, better known as The Family Room. This is our largest gathering because everyone is welcome to join the Family and celebrate the Good News of Jesus through praise, music and wonderful, eternal truths discovered from God’s Word. People from around the world can join us in our Family Room or from anywhere in the world online.
- FOCUS Groups, as previously mentioned, are designed to develop COVENANT relationships with 15 – 70 people gathering in order to go deeper in God’s Word and deeper in relationships. There are groups that include women, men, children, students, prayer, and music, among others.
- Mid-Week gatherings are strategically designed numerically to facilitate CARE and growth.
- Families and or friends who are part of the Westmore Family are encouraged to gather in order to develop CORE relationships for the purpose of confession and accountability.
- TIME is a necessary gift given to the Westmore Family by its members in order to offer service in our church, community, and around the world. Service project opportunities are offered daily, weekly, monthly, annually and around the world through Westmore ministries.
- TALENTS are something God gives each of us to steward. Each one of us have been gifted with special talents and spiritual gifts that are needed both in the Westmore Family and through our outreach. Through talents and spiritual giftedness, one can find connectivity and purpose. The Westmore Family desires to offer opportunities for people to contribute through their special God-given gifts and abilities.
- TITHES is the Bible term which simply means 10%. The Westmore Family encourages the giving of tithes and offerings so that God’s work and purposes can be fulfilled through us in our community and around the world. The faithful giving of individuals and families makes all that we do for the Lord possible.
Please click here for more information on how you can partner with the Westmore Family through the giving of your time, talents or tithes. All forms of giving are needed in order to complete Westmore’s Holy Assignment to go from “across the street to across the sea.”
Building 4 the Generations: Westmore is building a 53,000 + sq/ft Ministry Resource Center on its Legacy Campus off of Candies Lane. Please click here for more information on how you can partner in this effort.