Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
All activities have been cancelled until further notice!
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am. See Pastor Phillip Looney for place of prayer.
- Table Games & Refreshments – Element Building. Tuesdays at 9:30 am. Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train. They usually finish around 12 noon.
- Men’s Panera Bread Fellowship, Thursdays, 9:30 am.
- Boomer Afterglow
- Garden Plaza 4th Sunday at 3:00 pm. We allow our people to use their gifts in ministering through singing and speaking to these precious Sr. Adults.
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, email, Church Website and Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events
- Cumberland Co Playhouse Trips.
- Sunday Services at Legacy Village, 8:45 – 9:30 am.