Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am. See Pastor Phillip Looney for place of prayer.
- Table Games & Refreshments – Overview Room. Tuesdays at 9:30 am. Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train. They usually finish around 12 noon.
- Men’s Panera Bread Fellowship, Thursdays, 9:30 am, Panera Bread, Paul Huff Blvd. We are back with limited seating.
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, email, Church Website and Legacy 55+ Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events
- Winter Hymn Sing & Lunch, February 20, 2021 Join us for our annual sing with a guest Clinician/Singer. Lunch is included. All for $10 (NEW PRICE).
- Cumberland Co Playhouse Trips! Join us in Feb and Nov 2021. We see a Broadway Show, enjoy a delicious meal at the historic Homestead Restaurant and enjoy the shuttle ride – all for $50! Dates are TBA per the Playhouse schedule.
- 2021 Smoky Mountain Gathering, April 27-29, 2021. Join with Active Adults from across the Southeastern COG for a Conference in Gatlinburg, TN. See Pastor Phillip Looney for more details.
- Boomer Whitestone Inn B&B Trip, July 16-17, 2021. Enjoy a Gordon Mote concert, Friday Evening Meal, Saturday Breakfast and lodging all for $150.
- Mercier Orchards Day Trip, September 25, 2021.