Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
- Boomer Afterglows (ages 55-70) We’ll meet May 16 at Gondolier’s after our Sunday Night FOCUS groups. Our next Boomer Afterglow is August 15.
- Table Games & Refreshments – Overview Room. Tuesdays at 9:30 am. Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train. They usually finish around 12 noon.
- Men’s Panera Bread Fellowship, Thursdays, 9:30 am, Panera Bread, Paul Huff Blvd. Join us!
- Keenager’s Monthly Tuesday Fellowship & Meal, 6:00! Our next Fellowship will be August 4th. Bring a covered dish of food and we’ll supply the meats, bread and drinks. We will have a guest speaker as well. Commons Area
- Cumberland Co Playhouse Trip, June 5, 2021. $50!! We’ll see the ‘Duck Hunter Shoots Angel’ Show, enjoy a delicious meal at the historic Homestead Restaurant and enjoy the shuttle ride – all for $50! We’ll depart at 10:30 am and return at 7:30 pm. Deadline to reserve a spot is May 27!
- Ice Cream Social, July 15, 6:00 pm. More info to follow.
- Boomer Whitestone Inn B&B Trip, July 16-17, 2021. Enjoy a Gordon Mote concert, Friday Evening Meal, Saturday Breakfast and lodging all for $150.
- Mercier Orchards Day Trip, September 21, 2021.
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, Church Website and Legacy 55+ Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of all the latest events.