Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
Below are many of our opportunities for weekly and monthly activities:
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am in the Sanctuary.
- Table Games in the Element Building, Tuesdays beginning at 9:30 am.
- Keenagers – The 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm (except Dec/Feb/June/July)
It’s a night to enjoy the food, fellowship and encouragement with fellow members as we worship in song, devotionals and games. We ask you to bring a vegetable or dessert and we supply the chicken and biscuit.
- Westmore Adventurers – Our goal is to offer multiple trips aboard our shuttle buses or chartered bus. This year we went to the Cumberland Co. Playhouse in Crossville, TN twice, had a 2-day getaway in Pigeon Forge and a 2-night retreat with the national COG in Gatlinburg and a 2-day trip to visit the ARK in Ohio.
- Boomer Game Night – A Friday evening is planned quarterly especially for those 55-70 with the goal of fellowship, food & fun!!
- Saturday Breakfast at 9:00 am. Held usually 3-4 times a year at different locations. A speaker who gives a short devotional to us as we begin our Saturday.
- Ice Cream Social, July. A night to cool off after our warm summer days.
- Chattanooga Baseball Games – May
- Christmas Banquet – An opportunity to fellowship with a delicious meal and entertainment from some of the best artists around.
- Red Back Hymnal Retreat, October/November @ Johnston Woods. Join us for a wonderful half day of sharing from the red back hymnal singing and fellowshipping.
- Communication – Facebook, email, Church Website and Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events, prayer requests, etc. as best we can.
- Concerts, COG Prayer Conferences, Camp Meetings, etc. We will provide a shuttle bus to all retired ministers to our COG meetings out of town.
- Heritage Choir Sundays – Sundays where we feature songs from our heritage.