Groups and ClassesTake The Journey
Take the journey with us. Find your place within the Westmore Family.
Sunday Groups (F.O.C.U.S.)
Created in the image of God, we are meant to have meaningful relationships. We “do church” on Sunday nights differently than on Sunday mornings. In smaller groups, there is room for personal ministry, close relationships, and deeper spiritual growth. We invite you to join one of our F.O.C.U.S. groups and Find your calling and grow deeper in the Word, Own your spiritual gifts and your story, build Covenant relationships with other Christ-followers, Understand your destiny and your place in this world, and be Sent out to Serve.
Find Out More
FOCUS Groups, Sundays, 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.
- Bridge Builders/Legacy Commons (2235 Candies Lane)/Pastor Kelvin & Debbie Page, Dennis Anderson
This group is an intergenerational community led by Pastor Kelvin Page, which seeks to connect individuals from all of life’s stages, as well as bridge spiritual principles with real-life situations through revisiting the Sunday morning message and how it applies to present culture. Group discussions and regular times of fellowship make this group a great place to connect with the Westmore Family.
- Crossroads/Room 005, Discipleship Wing/Rickie & Jean Moore
This group is a cross-generational class of singles to senior adults who gather to look to the light of Scripture and listen to the voice of the Spirit.
- Sojourners/Room 218, Children’s Wing/Paul & Tannis Duncan, Virgil & Pat Allen, Bob & Pat Daugherty
Bible-based and relevant to a rapidly changing world and challenging culture, this class will offer a small group, interactive approach and will help you to think through and discover the deeper purposes and meaning of your “true calling” in life.
- iMarriage/Room 113, U-Turn Wing/Robert & Teresa Green
iMarraige is a diverse group of couples sharing life experiences together. Couples of all ages are welcome to join our discipleship journey of studying God’s word, have fun and fellowship, and, of course, food!
- New Life Bible Class/Room 102, U-Turn Wing/Dan Black
This group follows Pathway Press Curriculum with an interactive, conversational style of teaching.
- Berean/Lee University School of Religion Building, Room 148/Henry Smith (5:00 p.m.)
This group is made up of various age groups meeting for in-depth Bible study and discussion of current issues.
- Thrive/Choir Room, Discipleship Wing/Dan & Jennifer Walker
No marriage eve becomes great by accident – it’s always on purpose. This inter-generational group discusses difficult questions and issues relevant to marriage and strives to build thriving marriages for the future of our families. Couples often enjoy food and fellowship too. Then, regular place of meeting will be the Choir Room at Wolfe Drive.
- Millennial Marriage/Various Homes, Daniel & Casey Clanton
Millennial couples with small children gathering monthly for fellowship, food, and fun. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org monthly information and location.
- Young Adult Women/Wolfe Drive Campus/Natalie Kipe – Women in their 20’s on a journey to know God deeper and share life experiences. Group meets bi-weekly at 2:00 p.m. with first meeting being on February 24th. For information on this group, contact email@example.com.
Wednesday Groups (L.E.A.D.S.)
We are committed to building up people through sound Biblical teaching. Making disciples is our mission. As passionate followers of Jesus Christ, we must make disciples who make disciples. “Becoming the one who LEADS” is our theme. Changing bi-monthly, our Wednesday night LEADS classes have been designed to equip us, the members of the Body of Christ (Eph. 4:12-13), to be leaders the Holy Spirit desires and empowers us to be. The L.E.A.D.S. acronym covers the five categories that we follow in our course selections: Leadership (1st Cor. 11:1), Evangelism (Isaiah 52:7), Abundant living (John 10:10), Discipleship (Matthew 16:24), and Service (Matthew 20:26-28).
Find Out More
LEADS Classes – SESSION 2
March 6 – April 24, Wednesday Classes, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Holy Spirit – Join Pastor Kelvin Page for the new adult L.E.A.D.S. class about the third Person of Trinity, Holy Spirit, beginning on March 6 at 6:30 p.m. In this class we will discuss the function of the Holy Spirit, the spiritual gifts, and how it relates to the Church and world today. You will also learn to discover your spiritual gifts and what God can do through you. Class is open to all interested, but please register through Patty Blackmon, firstname.lastname@example.org, as space may be limited. Pastor Kelvin Page/Conference Room of the new Westmore Offices (2232 Candies Ln.).
- Women’s Bible Study: Jesus, the One and Only (Part 2) – The class will take the journey through the life of Jesus based on the book of Luke. Come along on a life-changing journey which will lead you through the hills of Galilee with the Teacher, across the lake with the Master, and finally, on the road toward the cross with the Savior. Get to know Jesus intimately… as though you had walked with Him during His days of earthly ministry. This study is a 2-session series: January-April. Jennifer Cornett/Room 005 (Discipleship Wing)
- Caveman’s Club – Caveman’s Club, aka Men’s Ministry, is for men (ages 18 –80+) who are ready for an adventurous quest to reclaim authentic, biblical manhood. So, we have all kinds of coaches in life. Why not a prayer coach? Our new study will be extremely practical, a “nuts and bolts” approach to praying. Robert Green/ 2235 Candies Lane (Legacy Senior Living Offices)
- The Tabernacle of Moses – A study of the Old Testament tabernacle which gives us a pattern for prayer, praise and worship. This study will center around the video series by Dick Reuben, a messianic Christian minister and author. Some credit his teaching on this subject to have been the spark that ignited the Brownsville revival in Pensacola, FL. Join us in this fascinating study that should inspire a renewed passion for more of God’s presence. Fred Watson/Room 100 (U-Turn Suite)
- Growing in Grace – This group meets off-campus to study Scriptures and enjoy fellowship in a small group environment. Dewayne Thompson, Room 105 (Lee University, College of Education).
- Mission’s Prayer Movement – join Westmore members and attendees who are passionate about outreach and the Gospel going forth across the street and across the sea for weekly meetings, which include hearing from individuals and teams involved in short-term and long-term missions and specific prayer times for the nations. Grant & Janice McClung/Room 110-113 (U-Turn Suite).
At Westmore we believe that strong marriages are the foundation of healthy churches and communities with Christ at the center of the union. We have developed groups to help you grow and strengthen your marriage and to connect with other married couple.
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:24)
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” (Ephesians 4:12)
Find Out More
When it comes to marriage, one thing is for sure: no marriage ever becomes great by accident. It’s always on purpose. This inter-generational group discusses di cult questions and issues relevant to marriage and strives to build thriving marriages for the future of our families. Couples enjoy food and fellowship too. Thrive meets on Mondays at 7:00 p.m. in Room 110 at our Wolfe Drive location (currently on a short summer break). For more info, contact Daniel and Jennifer Walker at email@example.com.
This group is for all married couples who seek to strengthen their marriage, grow in the Lord together, and build Christ-like relationships in the church. Marriage takes a fierce tenacity that never gives up and never gives in. With Christ as the center of your marriage, couples measure everything against what Jesus did for us. For more information, contact Robert Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Millennial Marriage
If you are a young couple with little children, this group is a perfect way for you to connect with other couples in a similar place in life and discipleship journey. You will build great Christ-centered friendships with other parents and learn how to have a strong marriage, manage your home and work schedules, while raising strong followers of Jesus. The group meets several times per month on a flexible schedule in a comfort of a home. Contact Daniel and Casey Clanton at email@example.com.Marriage Resources:
Westmore Interest Groups are just that – groups of people with a common interest, who enjoy fellowship and fun while exercising a skill or a hobby they are passionate about. We are created by God to be social and to be on a journey with others. If you are looking to connect with other people over a special interest, check out the list of groups we have to offer by clicking “Find Out Moore” below.
Find Out More
- Motorcycle Riding Group
Join seasoned bike riders for times of riding together, community, and prayer for your needs. Your life will be enriched by the fellowship flowing out of this Godly group of people. Group can adjust schedule in the event of the inclement weather. Contact Randle Weeks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-962-3838.
- Women’s Fitness Group
Join a group of godly women on a journey of taking care of their health and fitness. Regardless of your fitness background, you will enjoy the fellowship of women who will encourage and support each other while have fun doing workouts together (workouts can be modified for beginners). All you will need is a yoga mat and a set of 3-10 lbs weights, depending on the difficulty level that’s right for you. Group will meet on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Element Building. Contact Joy Gilliland about joining this group: email@example.com.
- Bicycle Cycling Group
If you like to ride bicycles, join this bicycle riding group offered three times a week, once for each level of difficulty: one day of the week for beginners, another day for moderate difficulty riders, and the third time for advanced riders. Group can adjust schedule in the event of the inclement weather. Contact Stephen Hattabaugh at Stephen837@att.net.
Prayer Groups & Events
Prayer is foundational to our faith and our church family. Jesus said that His house is to be called “a house of prayer” (Matthew 21:12a, Isaiah 56:7). Westmore has a variety of prayer opportunities to get involved in from praying for the needs to praying for our Nation and the world.
Find Out More
Westmore Prayer Groups
- ASK Network
Westmore women gathering on Mondays at 4:00 p.m. to pray for the nations and for God to use us in doing what He calls us to do.
Mondays, 4:00 p.m., Room 218, Wolfe Drive Campus
- Retired Ministers Prayer Group
Retired ministers who attend Westmore gather weekly to intercede for our pastor and leadership, the needs of the church and the move of the Holy Spirit.
Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m., Sanctuary, Wolfe Drive Campus
- Men’s Morning Prayer
Westmore men gather to pray at 6:00 a.m. every Wednesday and enjoy a breakfast together afterwards.
Wednesdays, 6:00 a.m., Sanctuary, Wolfe Drive Campus
- Missions Prayer Movement
Prayer warriors meet weekly to pray for the nations and for the Gospel to go forth to the ends of the earth.
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m., Room 110, Wolfe Drive Campus
- Prayer Chain
Westmore members committed to praying together 15 minutes per day for families and the needs in the church.
For more information about this particular prayer initiative or if you have a prayer need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Prayer and Breakfast
Faithful men gather to pray for the move of God and then have breakfast together prior to Sunday morning service.
Sundays, 7:00 a.m., City Café Restaurant, 25th Street.
- B4TG Prayer – “Building for the Generations” prayer group, which is focused specifically on praying for the vision of Westmore, our building project, and the Westmore families and needs. Drop-in prayer on Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Element Building.
- Pastor’s Prayer Partners
Faithful men and women of Westmore partner with Pastor and meet with him every Sunday morning providing intercessory prayer covering for him and congregation. Sundays, 9:00 a.m., Wolfe Drive Campus.
Westmore Prayer Events and Community Involvement
- Called Prayer Meetings
Focus of these prayer meetings change according to specific burdens of the church, community and/or Nation.
- Prayer Leaders Breakfast
Leaders of prayer groups and Westmore staff gather annually for a time of corporate prayer, fellowship and vision casting over a breakfast.
- Annual School Prayer
A concert prayer of the entire church for students, educators and school administrators is offered on a Sunday morning at the beginning of each new school year.
- Seek God for the City
This is a forty-day prayer emphasis before Easter, usually following specifically designed prayer guide, and sometimes accompanied by a prayer walk.
National Day of Prayer
Set in order by the President of the United States, Christians gather around the Nation to pray for our country. Westmore takes part in a local prayer effort, held every first Thursday in May.
Cry Out America
Christians around the U.S. gather on September 11 annually for a concerted prayer effort to intercede for every level of local and National government and every branch of influence in our society.
- Cleveland NET
This inter-denominational group of intercessors, including those from Westmore, gather in different churches every Friday at noon to pray for that specific church, our community and Nation.
- See You at the Pole
It is the largest Christian student prayer movement in America. Students gather one morning every year in mid-September at their school flagpole to pray for their schools and their generation.
- Fields of Faith
Hosted by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, this prayer event is a large gathering of students and parents (usually in September), praying for families, schools, coaches, teachers and the community.
College students from Westmore participate in this prayer group at Lee University and focus on praying for the students, college/university campuses and revival.
For more information on prayer groups and initiatives, contact Pastor Vera Voznyuk at email@example.com.
All Scriptures are God-breathed. We are committed to building people up in God’s Word and encourage them to become well-versed in Scriptures. Journey with us through Scriptures by joining our Community Bible Experience initiatives, reading God’s Word in small groups, or follow a reading plan on your own.
Find Out More
- Community Bible Experience
Scripture is paramount to our Christian walk with Jesus. Join the Westmore Family for the Community Bible Experience in January and February on each year. It is a concerted initiative to help Christ-followers become more versed in the Word of God and form good habits of feasting on it instead of reading sporadically. Follow a reading plan with your own translation of the Bible, then join us in the Sunday night FOCUS groups for discussions.
(January 7 – March 1, 2019)
February 4 Luke 5-6
February 5 Luke 7
February 6 Luke 8-9
February 7 Luke 10-11
February 8 Luke 12-13
February 11 Luke 14-16
February 12 Luke 17-19
February 13 Luke 20-21
February 14 Luke 22-24
February 15 John 1-2
February 18 John 3-4
February 19 John 5-6
February 20 John 7-8
February 21 John 9-10
February 22 John 11-12
February 25 John 13-14
February 26 John 15-16
February 27 John 17-18
February 28 John 19-21
March 1 Catch-Up Day
How to read the Bible with The Bible Project
The Bible Project is an incredible resource for you and your family. Everyone can participate! It is easy to learn the Word of God with the animated videos and down-to-earth devotions.
- Listen to the Bible
Listen to Scriptures narrated to you in the convenience of your own device – a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer.
- Read the Bible in a Year
Regular Bible reading is one of the most important habits you can develop. This daily Bible reading plan will give you all the benefits of a steady diet of God’s Word as you read through Scripture in a year. The whole Bible is arranged into 365 daily readings, including an Old Testament passage, a New Testament passage, and a Psalm or Proverb for each day.
- The Bible App for Kids
Dowload a free Bible app for children to help them learn Scriptures in a kid-friendly interactive playful way.
Baptism is offered to anyone who has made a personal profession of faith in Christ. It is a symbolic action signifying our life’s dedication to following Jesus and our union with Him as He died for us, was buried, and rose from the dead. We practice baptism by immersion in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Find Out More
RightNow Media has studies for small groups, families, students, leadership development, and much more. The content comes from over 250 top Christian publishers and ministries. Any Westmore member can access this video-based Bible study library for small groups and personal devotions.