Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
The Legacy 55 plus group is an energetic group of Boomers (55-69) and Builders (70- ) directed by Pastor Phillip W. Looney, Minister of Intergenerations. Plans for this ministry are as diverse as the ages itself.
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
Below are many of our opportunities for weekly and monthly activities:
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am. See Pastor Looney for place.
- Table Games & Refreshments in the Element Building, Tuesdays beginning at 9:30 am.
- Keenagers – The 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm (except Dec/Feb/June/July) It’s a night to enjoy the food, fellowship and encouragement with fellow members as we worship in song, devotionals and games. We ask you to bring a vegetable or dessert and we supply the chicken and biscuit.
- Boomer Afterglow, the 3rd Sunday night after FOCUS – October 21, Panera Bread
- Garden Plaza 4th Sunday Service at 3:00 pm. We employ our people to use their gifts in ministering through singing and speaking to these precious Sr. Adults.
- Christmas Banquet – An opportunity to fellowship with a delicious meal and entertainment from some of the best artists around.
- Red Back Hymnal Retreat, January 26, 2019. Join us for a wonderful half day of sharing from the red back hymnal singing, lunch and fellowship. Held at the Element Building.
- Westmore Adventurers – Our goal is to offer multiple trips aboard our shuttle buses or chartered bus. We have planned 1-2 day trips to Blue Ridge, GA, Crossville, Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, TN and a 3-4 trip to be announced for 2019.
- Chattanooga Lookout Baseball Game – May 17, 2019
- Ice Cream Social, July 11, 2019. A night to cool off after our warm summer days and enjoy homemade ice, games and entertainment. Held at the Element Building.
- Concerts – Collingsworth Family Concert, August 10, 2019 in Ringold, GA. We will announce other concerts to attend when they are announced to us.
- TN Prayer Conference (February 5-7, 2019) and TN Camp Meeting (June 18-21, 2019). We provide transportation for the evening service at the Prayer Conference for our retired Pastors.
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, email, Church Website and Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events, prayer requests, etc. as best we can.
- Heritage Choir Sundays – Sundays where we feature songs from our past.