Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
Below are many of our weekly and monthly activities:
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am. See Pastor Phillip Looney for place of prayer.
- Table Games & Refreshments – Element Building. Tuesdays beginning at 9:30 am. Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train. They usually finish around 12 noon.
- Men’s Panera Bread Fellowship, Thursdays at 9:30 am
- Garden Plaza 4th Sunday, June 23rd at 3:00 pm. We allow our people to use their gifts in ministering through singing and speaking to these precious Sr. Adults.
- Father’s Day, June 16th!
- TN State Camp Meeting, June 17-21. Services Nightly at 7 pm, June 18-21 at 10 am. North Cleveland COG
- Independence Day, July 4th!
- Ice Cream Social, July 11th at 6:00 pm. A night to cool off after a warm summer day and enjoy homemade ice, games and entertainment. Held at the Element Building.We will need 10 or more homemade and store ice creams donated. With special guests!
- Collingsworth Family Concert, July 26 at 7 pm Heritage HS, Ringold, GA. $35 includes shuttle bus and ticket!
- Keenager’s – Tuesday, September 10th at 6:00 pm. It’s a night to enjoy food, fellowship and encouragement with fellow members as we worship in song and the word. Please bring a vegetable or dessert and we supply the chicken, biscuits and sweet tea.
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, email, Church Website and Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events, prayer requests, etc. as best we can.
- Heritage Choir Sundays – Sundays where we feature songs from our past.