Active Adults ( Legacy 55+)
There certainly is a the differences between the 55 year old who still works, has children in college, as well as taking care of an older parent, compared to the 80 year old retiree. Our goal is to minister effectively to these groups and to allow our group to continue to add to the kingdom.
Those born before 1945
- “Mature Adults”
- Respond well to teaching
- Sacrifice of self for others
- Focus on group goals
- Common values, ethics, (honesty, morality)
- “We, Us, Pull together” (they won WWII)
- Loyal to the institution
- Success – Family, Community
- Leadership by command, follow directions
- Resistant to change
- Common religious heritage
- Concerned about people
- Financially-Save, Save, Save
- Spiritually-“What can I do for God?”
- Church – “How Can I help the church?”
Born between 1946-64 (Don’t like to be called seniors)
- “Middle Adults”
- Respond well to interaction
- May question authority
- Focus on individual goals
- Individual Ethics
- “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction”
- Served by the institution
- Success – career, inner fulfillment
- Leadership by influence and ideas
- Innovation valued
- Minimal religious heritage
- Concerned about causes
- Financially – Spend, Spend, Spend
- Spiritually – “What can God do for me?”
- Church – “How can the church help me
Below are many of our weekly and monthly activities:
- Retired Ministers Prayer – Each Tuesday at 9:30 am. See Pastor Phillip Looney for place of prayer.
- Table Games & Refreshments – Element Building. Tuesdays beginning at 9:30 am. Join our men playing Rook (‘Phoey’) and the ladies playing Mexican Train. They usually finish around 12 noon.
- Keenager’s – Tuesday, April 2 at 6:00 pm with Pastor Phillip Looney singing and speaking. It’s a night to enjoy food, fellowship and encouragement with fellow members as we worship in song and the word. Please bring a vegetable or dessert and we supply the chicken, biscuits and sweet tea.
- Boomer Afterglow – Each 3rd Sunday night (except this month – Easter) after our FOCUS groups April 28 @ Las Margaritas
- Garden Plaza 4th Sunday Service at 3:00 pm. Our next service is Sunday, March 24 at 3:00 pm. We allow our people to use their gifts in ministering through singing and speaking to these precious Sr. Adults.
- Cumberland County Trip, March 30 “Forever Plaid’ Only $60!! Deadline is March 22 (includes chartered bus, buffet lunch & show) 4 guys (Sparky, Smudge, Jinx and Frankie) discover their love for music and get together to become their idols – The Four Freshman, The Hi-Lo’s and The Crew Cuts. Singing close harmonies, the “Plaids” are a guaranteed smash, with songs and humor that keeps audiences rolling when they’re not humming along to some of the 50’s pop hits.
- Smoky Mountain Gathering, April 30 – May 2. Gatlinburg, TN Join with over 1,300 other 50+ adults as we come together for our yearly Conference in the beautiful TN mountains. This years Conference includes a FREE Wednesday Breakfast for all Retired Military and Spouses and a FREE SpiritCare Banquet for all Retired Ministers and Spouses. An optional Dollywood Day is also planned. Sign up today with Pastor Phillip Looney to go with our group. Our deadline as a group is March 29th. www.smokymountaingathering.com
- Ice Cream Social, July 11th at 6:00 pm. A night to cool off after a warm summer day and enjoy homemade ice, games and entertainment. Held at the Element Building.We will need 10 or more homemade and store ice creams donated. With special guests!
- Collingsworth Family Concert, July 26 at 7:00 PM. Heritage HS, Ringold, GA. Price which includes shuttle bus and ticket is tba!
- Communication – Facebook 55+ page, email, Church Website and Looney Tunes newsletter. We desire to keep you informed of the latest events, prayer requests, etc. as best we can.
- Heritage Choir Sundays – Sundays where we feature songs from our past.